Tuesday, March 16, 2010

broken English, perfectly spoken.

old favorite:


new favorite:


Also, Annie and I ate at the Taco Bus tonight:

Photobucket

We had a blast. I am going to miss this place and my dear Annie. She told me that she caught one of her students crying in class the other day so she asked her afterward if she wanted to talk about it. The girl told her that she and her boyfriend "did something," and then he broke up with her. Anne tried to reassure her that it gets easier and men become more considerate as we get older. I had to laugh. Tell me when this is going to happen. I've been hearing about how men become less selfish, more thoughtful, et cetera for almost ten years now, but the men that I've been with in their late 20's and early 30's have yet to show any signs of this. I am more than happy being on my own, but I'm sick of letting men in and allowing them to fuck my shit up and then disappear. Seriously, love me or leave me alone.

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful songs - thank you for sharing! I think there are assholes of both sexes and I suspect that it doesn't get better with age. I think it's a case of trying to sift through the dirt and find the people who aren't completely self-absorbed. If you think about it, if everyone was amazing then how would you choose? How would someone special be special if there was no contrast? I'm sure you'll find someone Jessica but the best thing is to enjoy being your own person and having your own life and I'm sure there will be someone to compliment you that comes along one day.

    ReplyDelete